Anxiety Disorder (AD)
Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.
- A class of drugs used to slow the brain activity through the use of a sedative or tranquilizer.
- Designed to treat symptoms of anxiety, panic disorders, insomnia, muscle tension, and seizures.
- Usually prescribed for short-term relief over a few weeks to a few months.
- Short-Term side effects include drowsiness, mental confusion, blurred vision, slurred speech, etc.
- Long-Term side effects when combined with opioids increases the change of fatal overdose.
- https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety" href="https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety